This weeks organic fruit and veg.. 11th july
ooooh we love our veggies!!!
This weeks organic fruit and veg list
butternut squash..1.50 each
local courgettes..1.80. 500gms
chestnut mushrooms..1.50 250gms
new potatoes..1.22 kg
red potatoes..60p kg
bag of spinach..1.40 bag
big bunch of spring onions..1.40 bunch
vine tomatoes big juicy and full of flavour... 2.40 500gms
fresh herbs £1.00 mixed bunches
salad bags £1.75
fresh locally grown beautiful flowers £4.00
fresh pots of herbs & bee friendly plants from £1.00
red onions..1.25 500gms
red beauty plums..1.20..500gms
organic breads from£1,95
free range eggs £1.95
local milk £1.10. 2 pints
local cheeses from 1.75
local artisan chocolate
local jams & chutneys
and don't forget our own delicious hummus.
pop in it will be lovely to see you, or call/email us with an order for a Monday delivery..
More lovely recipes.....
Penne with fennel, parmesan & basilingredients
Veggie Sausage Casserole
675g potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 bay leaf
2 tsp dried thyme
1 cooking apple, cored and cubed
450g carrots, sliced
1 packet sage &marjoram veggie sausages
275g suma chopped tinned tomatoes
300ml vegetable stock
1 tbsp suma tomato puree
salt and pepper to taste
- Put the potatoes into a pan of water and boil for 5 minutes (they need to be part-cooked only and still quite firm). Keep on one side.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the onion for 2 minutes. Add the garlic, bay leaf and thyme and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the apple, carrots and sausages and fry gently until the sausages are cooked.
- Add the tomatoes, stock, tomato puree and potatoes. Bring to the boil and then simmer for about 15 minutes until the vegetables are cooked. Remember to remove the bay leaf before serving.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve with crusty bread.with thanks to the vegetarian society for this recipe
Baked asparagus with balsamic vinegar
500 g fresh asparagus, washed and trimmed 50 g butter 20 ml soy sauce 10 ml balsamic vinegar salt and pepper, to taste Preheat oven to 200°C.Arrange the asparagus on a baking sheet and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until tender.
Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. When melted, remove from heat and stir in soy sauce and balsamic vinegar. Mix well and then pour over the baked asparagus to serve.